Monday, July 27, 2009

le first post

I have only recently discovered the wonderful world of blogs. It started with my boyfriend (Lomstah) sending me a link to thesuperficial.com.

This is a very surprising place from which my love to sprout for a few reasons: I am not a gossipy star-tracker. I am also usually not smitten with the brand of humor to which the superficial blogger prescribes.

The bottom line: he makes me giggle. I turn a blind eye to the fact that his jokes are at the expense of others (I have a hypersensitive empathy button) and laugh my tushie off.

After that blog, I found more. I used peoples links to other blogs to explore the endless sea of people posting. I found a few that encapsulate pictures, words, and ideas that make me smile from the inside out. It is because of such beautiful blogs that I thought I'd write my own.

I don't expect many people to read this. To protect myself from such rejectionist thoughts, I will step into this venture for myself only, and if others decide its worth reading, it will just be wonderful icing!

A note about my blog title: Cort and Marie were my beautiful, amazing, genuine, loving grandparents. They were so much more than that, though! I saw it fitting to name this blog after them because these people were, and continue to be, the grounding force for an entire family of people.

They had a profound impact on my family (and myself) by just being the people they were. They showed us what it was to love by the way they loved each other. They showed us how to care for people by the way they cared for us. They taught forgiveness and trust. They had the greatest love affair I have ever witnessed or heard of, fictional or real, which is something coming from an avid bibliophile. I aspire to be more like them everyday, and I aspire to have the love they shared in my own life.

They were beautiful, and I live my life everyday as if they were watching (and I'm sure they are!)

Welcome to my blog. Its identify is not yet realized.

... I'll try to begin it this way:

Yesterday, Lomstah and I went on a drive to Sea Cliff, NY. It was hot but bright, and the sky was beautiful. I love this town for its proximity to the shore and its quaint, frozen-in-time houses.

I took him to Once Upon a Moose, a small diner-esque establishment that (as we learned) had just been reopened under new proprietors. This began a talk about my new dream to open my own restaurant. Lomstah was a little perturbed at the thought (apparently he had this dream first.) He listened intently as I spent the next 45 minutes describing what my restaurant would be like. I would focus on breakfast eats due to my love of a good morning meal. My secondary food focus would be vegan treats because I love vegan cupcakes. The ceiling of my restaurant would be tin, and the overall feeling of the space would be that of a 1930's french/country feel. I would play my favorite music from the 30's to the 50's (60's jazz if it was raining.) I would have listening parties every Sunday night for the Big Broadcast, my favorite radio program here in NY. I would also have movie nights where I served food and drink that aligned with the old movie I had chosen to highlight.

After my long description, Lomstah said, "That's not a restaurant . . . that's everything Cindy loves in a room." He thought it was cute that I got a little angry at him, and then we both laughed at the realization that it would probably be me, Lomstah, and my parents there every day.


Which would be a-ok with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment